RECIPE FOR A WARM WINTER'S NIGHTJune 1, 2012
SOMETHING TOTHINK ABOUTJune 1, 2012
Congratulations, He asked and You said Yes!
Now what…you have the ring, the date, the venue and the guest list is complete. What is your next step…preannounce your special day!
Follow the Save the Date tips when announcing your big day!
Save the Date Etiquette
- Do finalize your guest list first before sending out invites
- Do send within 6 months of the date (8-12 months if it is a destination wedding)
- Do include your bridesmaids, siblings and parents in the Save the Date invite
- Do include ‘and guest’ along with all names of invited guests:
- This will eliminate any assumed invitees (children, cousin’s new boyfriend, etc.)
- Do go less formal. Keep it classy and simple. Be creative
- Do include: both of your names, date, location, web-site if needed, and formal wedding invite will follow.
- Do mark envelope, ‘magnet included’, if you are sending a Save the Date magnet
- Do not send out to far in advance: people may toss them aside
- Do not send out right before finalizing your guest list: remember once you send the Save the Date you cannot un-invite them.
- Do not go formal: save that for your wedding invite!
- Do not go off-color: keep it classy and tasteful
- Do not include bridal registry in the Save the Date
- Do not include confetti or any other item that may fall out of the envelope (nothing that has to be vacuumed)
- Don’t forget to have fun while designing or choosing the perfect Save the Date
Get Creative…post your ideas for Save the Dates