Congratulations to all newly engaged couples from The Castle Yacht Club!Did you know…? (info gathered from different studies)
- December to be the most popular month to get engaged
- Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and Valentine’s Day are the most common days to get engaged
- The first person to receive an engagement ring was Mary of Burgundy from the Roman Emperor Maximilian I, 1477
- Elizabeth Taylor’s engagement ring from Richard Burton was a 33.19 carat diamond ring and the second ring was a 69.42 carat diamond ring
- Engagement rings were also known as betrothal rings, posy rings
- Round Brilliant cut diamond is most popular
- Diamond still remains the most common gem for an engagement ring, however, Sapphires, Rubies and Emeralds are becoming more common.
- Average woman’s ring size is a 6 and a man’s is a 10
Do you know the meaning behind the engagement ring being worn on the third finger of the left hand? Do you know what the name Vena Amori symbolizes?
Please comment below. (there are many folk tales told; so get creative)